Who doesn't like a snickerdoodle? This recipe is sure to please the inner child in all of us.
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer on high speed.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Let the dough rest for 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the topping.
- Take about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the dough and roll it into a ball.
- Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press it onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat for the remaining cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 14 to 16 minutes and no more. The cookies may seem undercooked, but will continue to develop after they are removed from the oven.