1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, almonds, cinnamon, baking powder, salt.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg yolks, the vanilla and almond extracts, and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed until just combined. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- With your index finger press an indentation in center of each ball to hold filling.
- Bake in the oven for 22-24 minutes or until just golden brown on bottom.
- Transfer cookies to a cool,, flat surface.
- In a small bowl combine jam and grated lemon peel.
- Place 1/2 a teaspoon of filling mixture in center of cooled cookie. If you wish to add an extra decorative touch, sift confectioners' sugar over the cookies and place sliced almonds in the jam filling.