2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp ground coriander
2 Tbsp poppy seeds
1/4 cup salted butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp pure lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, lemon zest coriander and poppy seeds. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until mixture forms a grainy paste.
- Scrape down the side of the bowl, then add yolks, egg and lemon extract.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and mix at low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for 23-25 minutes until cookies are slightly brown along edges.
- Immediately transfer cookies to a cool surface.