2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 lage egg
1 tsp lemon extract
1 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, unsalted
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt and soda.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend sugars well with an electric mixer set at med speed.
- Add the butter and cream cheese, and mix to form a smooth paste. add the egg and lemon extract, and beat at medium speed until light and soft.
- Scrape down the sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add the flour mixture and nuts.
- Blend at low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for 23-25 minutes.
- Immediately transfer to a cool flat surface.