Eggnog is traditional at Christmas time so why not add Mrs. Fields Eggnog Cookies to your list of holiday treats.
2 1/2 cups flour
3 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup softened buttter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup eggnog
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup eggnog
1 tsp vanilla
2 egg yolks
1 Tbsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer to form a grainy paste.
- Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets, 1" apart. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown.
- Transfer to cool, flat surface immediately with spatula.
- For the icing, In a small mixer bowl, beat confectioners’ sugar and butter or margarine until well blended. Gradually beat in eggnog until icing is smooth.