Mrs. Fields Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies is one of the best butter cookies you will find.
2 1/2 cups flour
3 Tbsp white sugar
1/2 tsp aking soda
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- in a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon for topping.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt.
- Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer set at medium speed.
- Add the butter, and mix to form a grainy paste.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl, then add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed just until combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Shape dough into 1−inch balls and roll each ball in cinnamon−sugar topping.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 18−20 minutes.
- Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool, flat surface.