1 cup butter
2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a double-boiler over hot but not boiling water, melt 1/2 cup butter and the chocolate. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and soda.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer blend sugars at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of butter and mix to form a grainy paste by scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the melted chocolate and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour mixture, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Blend just until combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 min or until set.
- Transfer to cool, flat surface immediately.