2 2/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup salted butter, softened
3 large eggs
1 tsp pure mint extract
10 oz mint chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, soda and cocoa powder.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add the butter and beat to form a grainy paste.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl, then add eggs and mint extract.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips, and blend at low spead just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, 1-1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for 19-21 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a cool, flat surface.