2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
2 cups coconut, shredded
12 oz chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups almonds, salted & chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla and almond extract. Mix on low speed until blended.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Add the coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds and stir just until blended.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoon two inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.