These are delicious. A more grown up kind of cookie from Mrs. Fields. This copycat recipe will please the coconut lovers in your family.
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup unsalted cashews, chopped
1 cup chopped dates
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees .
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt and soda.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add the butter and mix to form a grainy paste.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture, coconut, dates and cashew.
- Blend at low speed just until combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies lightly with reserved coconut.
- Bake in the oven for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms turn golden brown.
- Transfer to a cool, flat surface.