This unique cookie from Mrs Fields features a caramel glaze and one copycat recipe you should try.
2 1/2 cups flour
8 oz caramels
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup heavy crem
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup whole pecans
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl combine flour, soda and salt.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat sugar and butter.
- Mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until soft and lumpy .
- Add the flour mixture and chopped pecans just until combined. drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto and ungreased cookie sheets.
- Place one whole pecan in center of each cookie.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until cookie edges begin to brown lightly. Transfer immediately to a cool, flat surface with a spatula.
- To prepare the caramel glaze: melt the caramels with the cream in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir with a spoon until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Drizzle cooled cookies with the caramel glaze in desired pattern using a spoon or fork.