Mrs. Fields cookies are very popular and this cookie tastes a little like a banana cake with a lot of chocolate and nuts.
2 2/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 tsp banana liqueur or extract
3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. I
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend sugars at medium speed.
- Add the butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the egg, liqueur and banana, and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture, 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the walnuts and blend at low speed until just combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle the cookies with chocolate chips, 6 to 8 per cookie.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes until cookie edges begin to brown.
- Transfer immediately to a cool surface.