This is the actual recipe for Apple Oatmeal Cookies from Mrs. Fields website.
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup Quick Oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsps grated lemon zest
1 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 large egg
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup honey
1 cup apple, peeled and chopped
1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, salt, soda, cinnamon, cloves and lemon zest.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Cream the sugar and butter together in a large bowl using an electric mixer.
- Add egg, applesauce and honey and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture, fresh apple and raisins, and blend at low speed until just combined.
- The dough will be quite soft.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms are golden.